Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Cultural Celebration

So Joseph had a cultural celebration at school today.  I wasn’t sure what to expect.  They asked the parents to attend.  Doss and I went to school this morning.  Joseph gave a very nice presentation about identity, culture, and diversity…what it means, and how it relates to him.  He picked 3 cultures that influenced him.  He picked soccer, family, and religion.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how much he wrote about religion and family and about how important they were to him.  It made me feel like I haven’t been a complete failure as a parent.  I just really love the school the kids go to.  It is so great that the kids pick things that are important to them to write and to learn about.  Joseph’s main paragraph was all about his religious beliefs. I also got to go and see some of the other presentations.  The kids really worked hard and it showed in their presentations today.  I am sure all the parents were very proud of their kids.  I know I was very proud of Joseph.  More importantly, he said that he had worked hard and he was proud of himself.  That’s my boy!

#316/365

DSCN0127

No comments: