Monday, May 27, 2013

Regular Monday

Today is Memorial Day in the US, but here it is just a regular Monday unless you work for the US Embassy.  Then today would be a holiday.  I taught preschool today.  It will be my last time to teach.  We are having an end-of-year preschool party on Wednesday.  Katelyn has really grown to love preschool and her preschool friends.  I hope that this was a positive experience for her and that she will do well when she transitions to the Early Childhood program at the elementary school in August.  It has been a great experience for me to have done a home preschool with all 3 of my kids.  I have met some great moms and it has been super fun to watch the kids learn and grow together.  One of Katelyn’s friends is moving and the other 3 will go on to Kindergarten in the fall.  She is the only one that misses the Kindergarten cutoff since her birthday is in October. I would keep her home another year, but there really aren’t any kids her age to do another year of preschool with.   She will only go for a half day so she will be home in time to have lunch with me after school each day.  I can’t believe all 3 kids will be in school after summer break.  It will definitely feel a little strange, but I think it will also be nice to have just a couple of hours to myself in the morning.  

I missed a couple of days of posting pictures since we have had a lot going on.  Things are pedal to the metal from now until the end of the school year. 

 

Julia: #145/365

Doss is standing next to a Mitsubishi Pajero Sport.  They were having some kind of car show at the mall.

IMG_6523[1]

 

Julia: #146/365

I haven’t had Cold Stone Creamery ice cream since we lived in Katy, TX.  That was 5 years ago!  Doss bought me a sweet cream with strawberries…my favorite!  It was just as I remembered it.

IMG_6529[1]

 

Julia: #147/365

The kids have gotten into the habit of having a bowl of ramen noodles after they get home from school in the afternoons.  They have lunch at 11am so I guess they are pretty hungry by the time they get home around 2:15pm.

IMG_6546[1]

No comments: