
Our new house in Cypress, TX.
I was going to give up this blog, but I decided that I like having a personal blog. I like being able to write about anything I want. We moved from Oklahoma back to Texas a few months ago. I really did not want to leave Oklahoma. I had made some great friends. Joseph enjoyed his pre-k class and also had some wonderful friends. We loved the house we were living in that was out in the country on a couple of acres. The neighborhood we were living in was just fantastic. I will really miss Oklahoma.
Moving back to Houston was difficult. Since we were coming back to Houston, I wanted to live in Katy where I was familiar with everything and where all my old friends live. Doss wanted to live near his sister Neva. We ended up in Cypress, TX. It's not a bad location. We are closer to the temple and only an hour from College Station where my brother lives. On a day to day basis though, I would still rather be in Katy. The kids loved their old stomping grounds in Katy. The parks around here just aren't very nice. Our neighborhood also seems to be lacking in the area of younger children to play with and any sort of ameneties.
The house itself is nice enough. Joseph has his own room now and the girls are sharing a room. We also have a guest room for when we have visitors. The yard is 1/4 acres which is pretty good sized by Houston standards. There is a natural gas easement behind us so we really have no immediate neighbors near us except for on one side of the house. I think our living area is a bit on the small side, especially since I put my Baby Grand in the room. I also would have liked a formal living area or study, but as it was impossible to have every feature we wanted, this house was a good compromise.
We had a lot of work done on the house just after we moved in. Basically, we've made all the repairs that needed to be made based on the inspection report. The seller would not make any repairs. We got the house for a pretty good deal so we can't complain.
Overall, I feel like I'm having a difficult time adjusting. I'm not feeling the house this time around. I loved the house in Katy even though oddly enough, it wasn't as nice as this current house. I'm farther away from my friends in Katy so I don't see them as often as I would like. I also miss my Oklahoma friends. I guess it takes time to adjust.
1 comment:
i grew up in cypress and my mom still lives there. what ward are you in? where exactly do you live? e-mail me the details!
Post a Comment