Saturday, August 9, 2008

Moving


So it has been a long while since my last post. It turns out that we are definitely moving to OKC area. The house has been on the market since the end of May, but we haven't had any offers so we will likely take the employee buyout option at the end of this month. Doss and I took a trip to OKC at the end of July/early August and found a rental home in the country. It's a little bigger than our current home and sits on a little less than 2 acres. As much as I hate moving, I am looking forward to living in the country. It seems so peaceful. The house is surrounded by large oak trees and has 2 storm shelters for those pesky tornadoes we keep hearing about.

Joseph is so cute. I told him that we were moving to a house a little bigger than our house now. He said that we need a big house because Daddy will not fit in a small house...ha ha. I have been trying to get Joseph used to the idea of moving. We have talked about living in a new place, having a new room, making new friends, etc. I hope that things will go smoothly with the transition. I think Audrey is too little to understand the move, but hopefully she will like her new surroundings.

I was able to locate a new obgyn. She was recommended by the local Moms club in Edmond. I hope I like her. I'll probably have the baby at Mercy Hospital in Oklahoma City. It seems like that is where a lot of the moms deliver their babies.

We traded in my old Honda 18 years to the day that my parents first bought it. It had over 290,000 miles on it. We got a Mazda 5 which is essentially a "mini" minivan. It seats six and comes pretty well equipped in the base model. Apparently we bought the only manual transmission Mazda 5 in Texas.

I am ready for the move I think. It has been hard to have the house on the market. Doss spent a month in Brazil this summer too so that didn't help things. We will lose a little money on the employee buyout, but it could be worse. At least Doss's company was willing to give him an early raise to compensate. We will also have rental assistance for the next three years which is nice.

Oklahoma City, here we come!

No comments: